Contract • Remote • 5+ years • $5,000-$7,500 - Monthly Contract
We are a small team creating the next generation of game development engine focused on usability and modularity. We are fully committed to real-time technology from low to high-end, believing that dynamic features are the key to truly immersive experiences.
This is a remote position.
As a Backend Engineer you'll join our smaller team in creating a next generation game engine platform for public use on desktop and mobile. You'll drive the development of cloud architecture as the main stakeholder in a growing team. We are a fully remote company and offer unlimited paid time off. We believe in hiring the best and giving them full trust in their domains.
As a backend engineer at ngine, you will:
- Lead the architectural design of the ngine platform's cloud backend.
- Develop on a day to day basis towards our long term cloud strategy
- Work with and expand our LootLocker games service backend
- Work side by side (well, we are fully remote but in spirit!) with other developers within a smaller but highly creative and productive team
- Current hands-on software development experience required; Internet-related business models preferred
- Experience in the Go and PHP languages
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Attend conferences